Friday, October 2, 2009

More Cabinets ready to go

If I can get one or two more done in time the next trip might require two vehicles.

The cabinet stock is the quarter sawn Douglas Fir. Everything you see is solid stock including the door and side panels. I like the way it turned out.

The goal was to create a "simple" rustic cabinet. I used slightly wider stiles and rails to give it a more muscular look and did my best to incorporate the natural "defects" (knots, bark beetle pitch pockets, wind checks, grain variations and mismatches... etc.) to give it the "unrefined" look though it requires a lot more work to achieve it.
Can't really improve on God's work. I did my best not to hide it.

5 comments:

  1. Mo - your work is amazing! God would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cabinets are beautiful. Betcha' can hardly wait to hang them!! Very pretty wood!!...debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo, they are just beautiful. My husband also builds cabinets. He in fact built all new oak cabinets for our kitchen when we moved into this house 8 years ago. He has also built me a beautiful oak buffet. Our house was built in 1975, so needed a lot of updating. He also redid the whole basement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful wood. Makes me want to rip out the cupboards in my kitchen which were already ruined by painting when I bought the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it has come out well...the wood with it's natural texture looks nice.

    contemporary furniture

    ReplyDelete